== What is tracks? ==
”’Tracks”’ is a web-based application to help you implement [http://www.davidco.com/ David Allen’s] [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0142000280/qid=1143370534/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-9587420-9758203?s=books&v=glance&n=283155 Getting Things Doneâ„¢] methodology. It was built using [http://www.rubyonrails.com/ Ruby on Rails], and comes with a built-in webserver (WEBrick), so that you can run it on your own computer if you like. It can be run on any platform on which Ruby can be installed, including Mac OS X, Windows XP and Linux. Tracks is Open Source, free and licensed under the [http://creativecommons.org/licenses/GPL/2.0/ GNU GPL].
== Current features ==
* Flexible views of your actions
* Quick and easy adding of new actions
* Getting yourself organized
* Getting everyone organized
* Getting informed
== Install Tracks on Dreamhost ==
1. Create a MySQL database through the Dreamhost panel.
2. Login vian SSH to your domain
3. cd WHERE TO INSTALL TRACKS
4. svn co –username=guest http://www.rousette.org.uk/svn/tracks-repos/tags/current tracks
5. rename config/database.yml.tmpl to config/database.yml, config/environment.rb.tmpl to config/environment.rb and (folder) log.tmpl to log.
6. Edit the database.yml file and file it with your database information
7. Edit the environment.rb file. You need to edit the line that reads SALT = “change-me” and change it to something unique for you. You can also uncomment and change the timezone.
8. cd PATH/TO/TRACKS
9. rake migrate
10. If there appear no errors on console that’s everything.
11. Go to http://URL-TO-TRACKS/public/signup to signup and create an admin user
12. Go to http://URL-TO-TRACKS/public/login to login and start using tracks
13. ”’OPTIONAL:”’ You can use some .htaccess ”magic” to redirect the main dir to the public dir
== More information ==
* [http://www.rousette.org.uk/projects/ Tracks] * [http://dev.rousette.org.uk/ Tracks on Trac]